Monday 9 April 2012

A Week Off

I know, I know, I'm only 2 weeks in and already I'm taking a week off from training. Not good, right? However, I have my reasons, firstly I've been suffering from tendonitis of the Flexor Hallucis Longus which runs from the inside of the ankle, under the arch of the foot towards the big toe. I first experienced this after a serious ankle sprain back in Dec 2010 which took 6 months of physio and acupuncture to get back to normal. The tendonitis was an unfortunate side effect of the sprain and after a fairly minor ankle twist a few weeks ago it looks like I've triggered the tendon again. So I've been trying to rest it, which means no gym, no cycling and no walking :-( 
Also, it's Easter and my birthday next week, so I try and take the opportunity to get all of my friends together for a bit of a gathering at my house over the bank holiday weekend. Friends traveled from all over to join us and we had a full house for most of the weekend. We had a big BBQ on Saturday (even with the chilly weather!) that went on into the early hours of Sunday morning - sorry neighbours. There was much eating, drinking, laughing and catching up and I was sad to see everyone slowly disappear but it was definitely worth the hangover.
So those are my reasons (excuses) for not training this week, however I have just got back from a short run! I've decided to try the Couch to 5k program - more on that next time.
I'll be spending the rest of the day on the sofa recovering from the run and the weekend that came before it, so I hope you've enjoyed your Easter weekend as much as I have. x

No comments:

Post a Comment